While searching for the perfect carpet floor covering, we’re sure you’ve heard about both nylon and polyester, as they are the most common carpet fibers. But you might not know much about the differences between the two, and we think that's an essential bit of information when searching for the perfect flooring.
Which carpeting fiber will serve you best?
To make an educated decision between nylon and polyester, you’ll first have to know a little something about each of them. So here is a comparative look at each one.
- The most durable synthetic fiber, especially in areas of heavy traffic
- Has excellent resiliency, or "bounce back" capabilities
- Used in many different styles and types of carpet
- It is an easy to clean material, which can help resist fading
- Features hydrophobic (water-repelling) properties, so stain resistance is good
- Incredibly soft underfoot, making it perfect for children’s rooms
- Has many eco-friendly options available
- More affordable than nylon
These are just a few of the many comparisons between the two, which should help you form an idea about which one might be best for your household. If you still need to discuss other facts or have questions about these materials, please visit us at your convenience.
We have the carpeting you want and need
As a reputable carpet store, Allman’s Carpet & Flooring is a great place to find the perfect flooring for your home, no matter the size of your flooring project. We are ready to find out what your requirements are and then meet them with the perfect materials and services, so be sure to speak with an experienced flooring associate.
If you are a resident of North Salt Lake, Centerville, Farmington, or Woods Cross, we invite you to visit our showroom in Bountiful, UT, to find the carpeting that’s sure to meet all your needs.